Ma'ayanot Yeshiva High School

The-Source

It’s Coming Up… Shabbaton!

Danit Forman ('19)

Now that the chagim season is over, we can look forward to one of the most exciting times of the whole year: the Ma’ayanot school Shabbaton! This year, the Shabbaton will take place on Shabbat Parshat Vayera, November 17th-19th, at the Hilton in Parsippany, New Jersey. All students are invited (and required) to attend.
The Shabbaton is an amazing three days filled with fun and meaningful activities, shared with your friends and teachers. The school-wide Shabbaton is my favorite Ma’ayanot event of the whole year. It is such an incredible experience to be able to spend Shabbos with people that you may not normally see on the weekends. As we count down the final couple of weeks until the Shabbaton, everyone is getting super-excited. For the Freshman, it will be their first year experiencing this incredible Shabbos. Even so, they still cannot wait to have an amazing time.
“I’m so excited for the Shabbaton because I will get to hang out with all my new friends,” says Allie Orlinsky, freshman. For all of the other grades, this is going to be another fun Shabbaton to add to our many great memories of Ma’ayanot.
“Shabbaton is one of my favorite events of the whole year because I love to bond with the whole school,” says Abby Goldberg, sophomore. Others agree. “I can’t wait until it’s time for the Shabbaton! I’m excited to spend the Shabbos with my friends and teachers,” says Kate Weinberg, junior. The Shabbaton is one of the most fun, most incredible, and truly beautiful activities that Ma’ayanot arranges for us. No matter how stressed you may feel about your tests, homework, and projects, just remember that the Shabbaton is right around the corner!
This year, our exciting itinerary includes meals, programs and trips on Thursday and Friday, all Shabbat meals, shiurim, tefillah with a minyan and a melaveh malka with an amazing, ruach-filled chagiga on Motzei Shabbat. We plan to leave Ma’ayanot on Thursday, November 17th at around 3:00 p.m. and return on Saturday night around 10 PM. Buses will take students to other locations from school.